Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Reborn

Monday, June 11, 2012:

The pace of summer has picked up tremendously; no doubt about it, we are in hyperdrive. I carved out 20 minutes for T'ai Chi Chih practice this morning before I left for work and felt immediate benefits from my practice. Yes, I still raced through the day, but I did so feeling centered and relatively relaxed during my library shift.

Today was perfectly beautiful. I feel so grateful for this practice that gets me outside on days when I would otherwise spend my entire day engaged in indoor projects and responsibilities. Lucy (the goose) is grateful, too, I believe, because she relies on me to perform guard duty while I practice and her eyelids shut when I circle the Chi.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012:

Oh ... I felt tension unwind in my neck and shoulders this morning during T'ai Chi Chih practice. What a gift! In the morning coolness (52 degrees) I slowed my bodymind and watched the natural world unfold before me.

Trees waved their branches (like clouds) in the refreshing breezes, two chipmunks raced in and out of a hole in front of our door (the most heavily traveled area around our house by both us and them!), and occasional clouds floated by overhead to the tune of rustling leaves.

I feel as though I've been reborn: relaxed, refeshed, and ready to jog through another day. Oh, to breathe deeply. . . .

No comments: