Sunday, June 10, 2012

Heating Up

Saturday, June 9, 2012:


I spent the day cooking, cooking, cooking. I tried a new recipe for radish soup that Frances found on the internet in the hope that we could use radishes for our first farmers' market soup. (I didn't like it much, Frances did.)

In late afternoon I practiced T'ai Chi Chih. It's always relaxing and refreshing to take a break from the rushing around that tends to consume the major portion of my life this time of year in the Bayfield area.

It felt good to settle into a quiet, calm TCC practice. Oh, to come back to earth and be grounded. I certainly needed it.

Sunday, June 10, 2012:

It's hot-hot-hot. I scurried around earlier today washing clothes, cooking root vegetables, and preparing for an afternoon in the garden. Right now it's 90 degrees (which is exceedingly hot for this area), so I'm not excited about going to work in our sun-drenched garden.

One benefit: it's windy. In fact, it's breezy enough that I did my T'ai Chi Chih practice outside in late morning when it didn't feel so hot because of the rustle and bustle of the wind. (A side benefit: no bugs either!)

Lucy and Namaste rested nearby as I moved and soon I was quieter, calmer, and more relaxed.

No comments: