Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ripening

I began my TCC practice today with a single purpose in mind: to gain more clarity about a complicated--to me!--conundrum in my life. My practice succeeded: It helped me to relax the repetitive, circular thinking that held me hostage.

Of course, I still don't know the answer to my query but, amazingly enough, that answer doesn't matter as much anymore. I feel better about myself ... more relaxed, centered, and less ill at ease. And so it goes....

Today's reading in 365 Tao ("Garden") was helpful too (p. 245):
     Those who follow Tao say that all reality is like a series of nesting circles: microcosms within macrocosms. What is close at hand is a microcosm of what is far away. Why search all over for Tao? It is all contained in the seeds of the gourd growing in your garden.
My own garden yields ripe tomatoes every day as a result of the recent spate of intense heat and sunshine. Today was an exception as rain fell, then stopped, then fell again. The change in weather was a welcome respite from too many days of high heat and humidity. Now, if I could only find my answer in the seeds from one of those tomatoes....

No comments: