Monday, February 6, 2012

Boil, Walk, Work, Practice

I was up early this morning making all-fruit strawberry jam. What a production! Sugar is so much easier. I don't want sugar in my jam, though, so I boiled apple juice concentrate, blended it with the natural pectin, then added that concoction to boiling strawberries. Boil, boil, boil, boil. I must say that I'd rather be doing all this boiling in the winter than in the middle of summer.

It was another deliciously sunny day and I made a small space in my day to walk the Brownstone Trail before I headed to work. Nice! Then, work, work, work, work.

Immediately after I closed the library I flowed into my T'ai Chi Chih practice. I realized early on that the library may not be the best place to practice; as soon as my mind began to empty, it filled up again with all the business I conducted and then forgot to complete.

It was enjoyable to practice TCC while I was still alert and before I arrived home and saw all the dirty canning equipment I left spread around the kitchen. (Or ... before I flopped into rest mode.)

No comments: