Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Dance of Life

I was up early since I slept a lot over the past few days. It's another beautiful, sunshiney day. My stomach still aches but I now have more energy and wish to move on to the next stage of my recovery.

I did my T'ai Chi Chih practice this morning as a rose-colored glow extended along the horizon from the edges of the earth into the sky. There were no clouds to reflect the morning's colors and I watched as the pink hue was overcome by the bright white light of day.

It was a lovely practice. Starkly beautiful. One still-attached leaf fluttered in the breeze. The branches of a naked, leafless tree further into the forest danced lightly with the wind. And I danced too. The Chi rose and fell, stretched along my limbs, and settled into my center. I began my day with the dance of life....

No comments: