Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

To celebrate this momentous occasion (see above), I went to the dentist this morning to have my teeth cleaned. I wish I could say that it was a pleasant experience but, truly, it was not.

Still, I was aware of the ways in which T'ai Chi Chih is my friend. Even though I was mostly unable to do a mental TCC rehearsal during the cleaning (there's something about having a dental hygenist picking, scratching, and prodding at my teeth and gums that is a bit disturbing and highly distracting), I still found myself able to maintain a quiet, peaceful presence throughout the procedure. I'm grateful for the years of sustained focus, concentration, and centering that T'ai Chi Chih practice has encouraged and stimulated in both my body and mind.

I did a full moving meditation practice after I returned home from my appointment and, for the first time in several days, performed my entire practice while standing and ... my knee was fine. Now I'm off to work at the library. Yesterday the library was uncharacteristically quiet; it remains to be seen what opportunities will unfold during this afternoon's public service.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Take some time today to let those you love know it (candy, flowers, and dinner out are optional)!

No comments: