Friday, February 3, 2012

An Upright Agenda

Today has been a down day. Literally. I slept, read, and napped all day due to a sick stomach. Finally, midafternoon I began to feel better.

First on my upright agenda: T'ai Chi Chih practice. I practiced in the porch so that I could look out on the beautiful sunny yard and see Ms. Lucy the Goosey standing on the front step. Lucy returned the favor by keeping one of her eyeballs trained on me and my movements through much of the form. I think that it likely felt comforting to her to have me nearby and it certainly felt comforting for me to have her watching me from the other side of the door.

The practice passed quickly and I felt uplifted by the presence of the dog and goose. It's another absolutely gorgeous too-warm winter day and even though I'm not venturing out, I'm grateful to see the shine in the sky and on the earth.

No comments: