Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hip Hip Hooray!

It's a snow day!!! I cancelled all three of my T'ai Chi Chih classes scheduled for this morning and evening. And, like a lot of other adults, I felt like a kid again with a totally open Play Day.

We didn't receive the predicted 18+ inches of snow, but I'm guessing that at least 10 inches fell. I took a test drive to decide whether I could make it to my morning class and found close to white out conditions. Now that the snow has stopped and the wind is less harsh I can see further out the window to all that's been buried: cars, roofs, wood piles, and the east side of trees.

I didn't really play today since I had an accumulated array of chores to complete. Nevertheless, it felt wonderful to relish the quiet and enjoy the sensation of being snowed in for the day....

I practiced T'ai Chi Chih late in the afternoon as I looked out the windows at our better-late-than-never winter wonderland. The cat, who slept throughout the day, roused herself and jumped onto the chest of drawers in front of me. From that vantage point she viewed the wonderland too. Then she rose onto her hind feet and pawed at the curved icicle that pointed directly at the window. I'd been wondering about that icicle too....

No comments: