Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekend Wanderings

Saturday, February 25, 2012:

Well, I learned a lesson: Don't wait to blog until the day after I do my practice because my memory won't dependably recall the previous day's activities.

I remember going to the sixth annual donut fry at Port Wing on Saturday afternoon. The Town Hall was filled with people, children, music, talent shows, potluck items, conversation, and, yes, donuts. But, (I'm guessing) as a result of the overstimulation, I can't remember anything else about my day. Usually I take the time to write in my journal if I don't get to the computer, but today I totally spaced out making any written record of the day and the TCC practice.

How odd to not remember what happened a mere 24 to 36 hours earlier....

Sunday, February 26, 2012:

It's been one snowy, all-white day. Finally.

Today I worked on taxes. Again. I hope to meet with an accountant this week and I still had a fair amount of collecting, calculating, and streamlining to do. It feels good to get organized and to know that soon this annual obligation will be completed.

In late afternoon I did my seated TCC practice out on the porch as I listened to background sounds of Frances sharpening knives in the kitchen, Chiripa playing wildly in the living room, and a space heater running softly next to me. I had a highly emotional day and it felt wonderful to calm and settle myself.

I'm ready--almost!--to begin another work week.

No comments: