Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Is there a better way?

Tomorrow is my first-ever try--after 15 years of teaching T'ai Chi Chih--at teaching a drop-in class. I'm not sure what to expect. I feel a bit nervous. But I also think that everything will be fine as long as I focus on helping students slow down, relax, enjoy, and feel the peace.

The temps are dropping again after days of spring-like weather. This morning I moved slowly; I overdid it yesterday and it took much of the morning for me to regain my energy and pick up my pace. I did a T'ai Chi Chih practice before work (which felt very good!) and I did a mini-practice after I returned home from work.

Tonight we are enjoying a full moon and it's always fun to practice TCC when the sky is clear and the moon is shining its light everywhere. I enjoyed observing the tree shadows on the snow as I watched my own shadow in the darkened window. And now ... I feel deeply relaxed. Is there a better way to finish a day?

No comments: