Monday, April 18, 2011

Beginning and Ending with Peace

The snow, now almost melted, is scheduled for another guest appearance this Wednesday. These past few weeks feel more like an on-again, off-again winter than a burgeoning, blossoming spring.

I covered the early shift at work today. Beforehand I rushed around packing my take along lunch, ironing pants, etc. Prior to hopping in the car I found myself with 10 extra minutes. Perfect! Just enough time to squeeze in a mini-T'ai Chi Chih practice.

Those 10 minutes were truly wonderful. They allowed me to recognize how speeded up and hyped up I'd become. During my few minutes of restful presence I slowed and centered myself. It was just what I needed to prepare for a busy day.

When I arrived home, I took a short afternoon walk and resumed my T'ai Chi Chih practice. Pre- and post-. What a good strategy to contribute to a centered, peaceful day and a centered, peaceful night.

I recently read an email from Pam Towne, one of T'ai Chi Chih's teacher trainers, in which she mentioned that she and her husband do T'ai Chi Chih practices daily, morning and evening. Thanks for the inspiration, Pam. I can't think of a better way to begin and end the day....

No comments: