Saturday, April 9, 2011

Calmer, Quieter

Yes, spring is here and ... my head is not fully used to the idea yet. Early this morning as Frances and I drove to volunteer at the library thrift sale I said, Well, it looks like rain or snow is coming....

"I think it's going to have to be snow," she replied, "given the temperature." I looked at the temperature gauge in the car: It read "47." Rain hasn't arrived yet but clouds continue to thicken in the sky overhead.

We held a highly successful library sale and made enough money to buy several hundred books for our collection. It was pure joy to see the excitement on people's faces as they came up to purchase their special treasures.

Me? I have enough stuff. But it still made me happy to see some of my donated items carted out of the pavillion and off to someone else's home.

I performed tonight's T'ai Chi Chih practice in a seated position since I spent the entire morning standing behind a cash box. I looked out the porch windows as the cat lay on the dresser in front of me and slept comfortably.

During practice it felt somewhat difficult to focus my attention on the present. My mind still swirled with the people, events, and activities of the day. Eventually, by practice end, I felt calmer, quieter. Ahhh....

No comments: