Friday, April 22, 2011

A Kinda-This Kinda-That Kinda Day

It's one of those days. You know the kind of day I'm talking about. Kinda dull. Kinda grey. Kinda boring. So-so. Nothing special.

Of course these kinda-this, kinda-that assessments are coming from my brain. Perhaps they are influenced by the overcast skies, the anticipatory feeling of approaching rain or snow, or the hushed suspension that a holiday weekend brings.

I opened the library this morning, worked for half a day, then ran errands, and returned home to a lonely goose. Lucy still seems hopelessly adrift since Ander's death. Frances and I are debating whether we should look for another goose to join our family. It's clear that we don't have the fortitude--or time--to keep Lucy company all day long, day after day.

I practiced T'ai Chi Chih in the porch with the hope that Lucy could see me. By the time I began practice, though, she'd retired to the privacy of her small barn. I quietly went through my practice feeling the Chi as it flowed through my hands and fingers.

And now I do feel more relaxed (and less needy?). I'm ready to read and relax. Hopefully some quiet relaxation will restore and reinvigorate me and my attitude. Then who knows what tomorrow will bring?

No comments: