Friday, April 8, 2011

A New Attitude

To be honest, I didn't feel like doing my T'ai Chi Chih practice this evening after Frances and I spent the entire day loading up items from our basement and carting them into Bayfield. We also assisted with pricing and organizing thrift sale items for tomorrow's annual library sale. I was tired.

But I reminded myself of how good I feel when I do my practice. I enjoy feeling the energy circulate. I function better after my TCC practice sessions. So what did I have to lose?

It's true that the beautiful 60 degree day gave me energy. And, yes, the sunshine lightened my heart and brightened my work. Still, my early evening TCC practice gave me the energy to stay up instead of going directly to bed. And, despite ongoing political machinations following our Tuesday night election, I now feel upbeat and positive.

There's no doubt about it: After a brief 20 minute seated TCC practice, I've got a new attitude.

No comments: