Thursday, May 26, 2011

Beginnings? Endings? Or one continuous flow...?

Wow! This was that kind of a day. You know, the kind of day when you don't even remember when you did your T'ai Chi Chih practice because one event or activity flowed immediately into the next. Non-stop.

After breakfast Frances invited five people to lunch which meant that we spent the rest of the morning cooking and cleaning. Then visitors (which meant we also drove to downtown Bayfield to stroll around town with them).

Tonight we attended StageNorth's performance of Moon Over Buffalo. Hilarious. And, oh yeah, I squeezed my T'ai Chi Chih practice into a brief space of time between our visitors' departure and our own travel to the play.

I practiced TCC out on the deck while Frances placed coverings over all of our recent vegetable and flower plantings that may be vulnerable to tonight's 25 degree temps. Today I wore gloves while I moved. Yes, the sun shone. But a chill wind blew, too.

As usual, I enjoyed taking the time to slow down, relax, and unwind after our too-busy morning of lunch and visitor preparations. Now we wait 'til morning. Will frost lie draped across the landscape? Will orchard fruits be nipped in the bud? Or will all be well? This, my friends, is life in the Northlands....

No comments: