Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May We Be Healed

It's a windy, windy, truly, uncompromisingly W-I-N-D-Y day. And today the sore throat-cold has progressed into my sinuses.

Late this afternoon I received an email from a Minnesota T'ai Chi Chih teacher who asked that healing energy be sent to another TCC teacher. That person? My dear friend, Anna, who almost died last week from uncontrolled internal bleeding. Needless to say, today was a day that called for T'ai Chi Chih practice.

I dedicated my practice to Anna. And I purposefully imagined her receiving some of the Chi energy that circulated throughout the form. I needed that energy to heal myself and I also knew that Anna could use some of that energy too.

I read a segment in Be the Change today that discussed compassion meditation or tonglen (the practice of receiving and giving). I hope that my T'ai Chi Chih practice today served as a tiny bit of healing compassion for myself and for Anna as described by this quote from Peggy Dylan (p. 157):
We inhale the external pain, the resistance and fear, the great fear at this time in the world. We inhale it and take it in to our heart, where we turn it to joy, to tenderness, to delight, to ease, to healing, to whatever is needed. When it is transformed in our heart, then we just exhale it into the world. We are using the body as a filter for those negative things.
May we be at peace. May our hearts remain open. May we know the beauty of our own true natures. May we be healed....

No comments: