Saturday, May 14, 2011

Off and Running

Since I was the first one out of bed this morning I launched into my T'ai Chi Chih practice. The peace didn't last for long....

Soon the cat was racing around the kitchen in pursuit of what? A twist tie? A rubber band? A mouse?

Then the dog galloped downstairs and began to vocalize (bark-bark-bark, etc., etc.). That segued into the cat and dog chasing each other around the living room. Loudly. We still had two guests asleep (or so we hoped).

Frances appeared shortly thereafter and closed the dog and cat in the porch where I was practicing. No denying it ... the day had begun.

In spite of all the noise and action I followed my practice to its completion largely oblivious to the surround-sound. And then, following the lead of my animals, I was off and running....

No comments: