Monday, May 9, 2011

Soaking Up ... Soaking In

Today my mind simply didn't want me to practice T'ai Chi Chih. Rather than let my mind control me, though, I chose to read and relax. After an hour or so I told myself that it was time for my TCC practice. And with that mental instruction I stood and began to move.

Today was an on-again off-again rain day. By the time I launched into my practice session the rain no longer fell and I was aware of a unique stillness all around me. I felt as if I were the only source of movement in the entire landscape. The trees were quiet. The bushes. The sky.... It felt as if all of life was engaged in soaking up moisture.

And so I joined in nature's directive too. I quieted myself and focused on feeling the Chi energy. And, when I felt it, I concentrated on soaking it in deeply. Suddenly what I had so wanted to avoid became a satisfying and special experience. The scenery and I became one...

No comments: