Saturday, May 21, 2011

Blossoming

Today's surprise? Frances found a blossom on one of my cactus plants. What's surprising is that the plant is at least 55 or 60 years old and was originally given to me by my mother and to my mother by her mother. I have never seen this cactus bloom before! It will not die!

This evening's weather is 20 degrees cooler than yesterday ... and foggy. So foggy, in fact, that I can't see the lake.

I started my T'ai Chi Chih practice inside on the porch and soon felt too hot. I then moved my practice to the deck outside and was grateful for my surroundings. The bird songs were tremendous, the air was damp and invigorating, and the silence was palpable.

My body felt better today but I noticed that my mind did not easily center on my practice. When I specifically focused my attention on softening and relaxing my muscles and my movements, I had some success but it felt hard won.

This past week I've felt in a bit of a funk but who knows what's budding inside me. When the weather and atmosphere are just right, I may start blooming....

No comments: