Friday, April 9, 2010

Loving What is ...

Tonight's t'ai chi chih practice felt good for my body and my mind. I began practice feeling tired; now, at least, I'm relaxed and alert. The refinements and adjustments that I've made to my practice since January's TCC retreat are now integrated into my movements and feel natural and easy....

Didn't this day begin months ago rather than mere hours ago? Frances and I picked up our taxes from the accountant this afternoon and mailed in our business taxes as well as providing written approval for our acountant's office to email our personal taxes directly to the IRS. What a relief to complete that last huge step toward finalizing this year's taxes!

Yesterday a neighbor told us that the bar across the road from our house closed down. The liquor license was sold to the VFW hall in Red Cliff so it's unlikely that there will be another bar across the road any time soon. So, too, the issue of exotic dancing at said bar is now a moot point. Talk about yin-yang. What seemed objectionable and unappealing one year ago has now resolved into a non-issue.

Our desired candidate for county board won at Tuesday's election. What I'm beginning to realize, however, is that there is no such thing as winning or losing since everything is relative as it cycles back and forth and around and around. What I'm learning g-r-a-d-u-a-l-l-y is this: accepting and loving what is may be the best strategy of all.

No comments: