Sunday, July 24, 2011

All that matters....

Another day is almost done. What happened to the time? (As I write this I think of my mother and how often she said these words.)

The evidence of my activities circulates around me: a bouquet of black-eyed Susans brightens the living room, a just-made batch of pesto freezes in an ice cube tray, the delicious aroma of plain rice pilaf lingers in the air, and a half flat of fresh-picked raspberries cools in the refrigerator.

Of course many less notable but equally important activities filled my day: breakfast on the deck, a nap, animal care, a bit of time with my nose in the pages of The Hypnotist, a phone conversation with a friend, and, of course, my T'ai Chi Chih practice and blog.

I'm in awe of how quickly each day cycles from dawn to dusk. One of the few times in the day when time slows and almost stops is during my TCC practice. Or, perhaps, my concern about the passing of time is forgotten while I devote myself fully to the practice.

It's incredibly relaxing to be held in the endless presence of NOW. When I become frustrated or disappointed by my unfinished list of chores, it's wise for me to remember that this moment is where I am and all that matters.

No comments: