Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hangin' Out

Well, I beat the heat today (somewhat!). I practiced TCC on the deck under a cloudy sky as a breeze whispered by. A good sign: There IS a breeze this morning.

My headache, which began yesterday, is in full force. I know research shows that Buddhist meditation practitioners can relieve pain during meditation. I, however, couldn't concentrate during my practice. Which means, of course, that I need to practice more.

Once I began the T'ai Chi Chih movements I placed my intention on flowing softly forward and back with no effort. Then I simply moved.

Following my practice I hung from the trim above the front door in the hope that, if my head isn't on straight, my body weight may be able to readjust my neck vertebra (which is often the cause of my headaches). I'll spend time on the Chi and Hot House machines next. Then who knows? More hanging from the door trim? More repetitions of Light at the Top of the Head/Temples? More meditation?

No comments: