Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Where the Universe Dwells

It's a morning that deserves a "Golden Globe" award (or at the very least a "Green Forest" award). Picture perfect. Perfectly picturesque.

Monkey Mind was quieter during this morning's T'ai Chi Chih practice. I'd already spent several hours on chores, walked down the driveway, and prepped for Thursday morning's TCC class. So, yes, I'd taken a load off my mind.

On the other hand, who can resist a mid-60s, calm, quiet, sunny, woodsy, breezy morning? Not me. I relished my time in the yard surrounded by my animal family. Lucy napped quietly in front of me, Chickie pecked in the corn pan, Namaste played his role as protector dog, and Chiripa roamed through weeds and grasses stalking an unknown prey.

I felt incredibly honored to be the hub of a wheel with animals circulating around me. Chiripa was feisty, as usual. At one point she positioned herself in front of Namaste and swiped at his nose with her paw as she pranced in front of him. He was oblivious. Next she fell to the ground, belly up. Still oblivious.

Eventually Chiripa stood, arched her back, shifted sideways, and danced before the dog. Namaste finally looked at her then took off at a run, Chiripa dashing happily behind. I couldn't help myself. I simply had to laugh. Such playfulness. Such joy. Such good role models.

At practice end I bowed and said namaste to each of my animal companions. In truth, they are my reminders that the Universe dwells within us all....

No comments: