Saturday, July 16, 2011

What I Can Do....

Whew! High humidity and low productivity.

It's just one of those days. If I manage to get my T'ai Chi Chih practice and blog and a few other chores completed, I've done very, very well.

There was absolutely no way I could or would practice TCC outdoors today. Even though it looked beautiful--sunny, shady, and still--I knew better ... it was intensely humid and hot. And so I chose a spot in my cooler, dryer house and flowed through my practice.

It felt good to move as I'd spent most of this day feeling funky and therefore, I mostly rested and napped. My practice intention was to move slowly and thoughtfully. If possible, I hoped to activate and circulate the flow of healing energy since it certainly seemed that I needed it.

As I moved, I occasionally lost my attention and intention as my body tired and Monkey Mind interceded in my practice. When I found myself rushing through a movement or taking a shortcut, I simply brought myself back to slowness, back to attentiveness, and back to the moment. And then I carried on. This is what I can do: practice, practice, practice, practice....

No comments: