Saturday, July 23, 2011

Half and Half

Whoops. I woke this morning and remembered I agreed to work a half shift at the library today. That was a surprise (especially since I'd already booked my day with a variety of projects).

Consequently, my TCC practice was split in two: one-half before I headed to work (it rained heavily) and the other half after I returned home (while the wind shifted through the trees). It was ideal. After my morning practice I was relaxed and ready for a steady stream of patrons at the library. Then I returned myself to rest and relaxation after I made it home from my constant motion workday.

I'm absolutely sure that I handled the first hour and a half rush at work with a steadier, calmer mind because of my practice. And I'm equally sure that I'm in a better, more relaxed state now because of my post-work practice.

It's a win-win situation. And I still have a full evening ahead of me....

No comments: