Monday, July 11, 2011

Collecting Energy

It's a Heaven on Earth morning. Bird song and sunshine.

I did my T'ai Chi Chih practice on the ground next to our two birds: Lucy and Chickie. Why? Because the constant sound of army worm droppings hitting the deck from the treetops above was too disturbing. I also wanted space from my deck-dwelling friends and partner (Frances, Namaste, and Chiripa all occupied chairs on the deck).

The goose and chicken seemed happy to have me. Chickie balanced on one leg next to a maple tree trunk. And groomed. Lucy lay in the grass napping. Occasionally she opened her eyes to observe me or to take a quick nip of grass. All in all, it was a peaceable kingdom.

Practice passed quickly perhaps partially due to the fact that mosquitoes and flies hovered, buzzed, and bit me throughout the session. Partway through practice I decided that I'd commit to a second short practice session later in the day (most likely indoors where I won't have to deal with biting insects).

At the moment it's nap time. I'm collecting energy to take me through the day.

No comments: