Friday, July 29, 2011

Not-So-Hidden Treasure

Oh, it's a busy day. Guests for dinner and a movie tonight, overnight guests arrive tomorrow, AND two new chickens arrived yesterday. That's a lot of getting to know you.

I leapt at the opportunity to practice T'ai Chi Chih early this morning before the heat descended upon our woodland home. Meanwhile Frances served as referee while the three chickens met, interacted, and worked out their pecking order (literally!).

What can I say? I live in a beautiful part of the Universe.

I soaked in the surrounding beauty as I moved through practice today. (It helped, of course, to have a pungent and floriferous lily right beneath the deck at my feet.) Consequently, I feel very calm and relaxed despite the fact that we have a houseful of neighbors scheduled to arrive for dinner in seven hours and there's a load of cooking and cleaning to finish.

As I write a moth flutters up and down the outside of my window. Leaves rise and fall, float and flutter in the slight breeze as the sun shines and shines and shines. It's an absolutely perfect day and I intend to treasure each smell, each sound, each movement, and every glimpse of the plants and animals around me.

No comments: