Saturday, August 27, 2011

Rejuvenation

We had a full day of visiting, shopping, eating, and et cetera'ing. An ideal weekend with a lifelong friend (i.e., Frances's college roommate).

I love it when friends and relatives come to visit. It is then, and only then, that we visit art galleries and shops that we would never otherwise frequent. And it's fun to see what's new and what local artists are creating....

I squeezed my T'ai Chi Chih practice into several hours at home between visting the Farmers' Market and a post-lunch expedition to art galleries in Bayfield (along with a walk on the beach). I escaped to the deck while Frances and her friend were brainstorming in the backyard. It felt good to take a break from conversation, activity, and food prep. And I came back to our gathering feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.

It was another perfectly beautiful Bayfield day. It was so beautiful at the beach, in fact, that I unexpectedly walked into the water and kept going deeper and deeper until my shorts and a sweatshirt tied around my waist were soaking wet. (Frances commented to our friend that I must be in an insulin reaction because that was not normal behavior for me and, sure enough, when I tested, I was low.)

Now it's evening and we're settling down for a movie after making and consuming shrimp cerviche and strawberry margaritas. Delish!

No comments: