Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Blessing in My Day

Monday, May 7, 2012:


I practiced T'ai Chi Chih this morning before I headed to work. It was sunny, beautiful, quiet, ... perfect.

The animals left me to my own devices which meant that I was on my own with the silence. It was a wonderful practice (I felt more connnected than during last night's group practice in memory of Justin).

While sleeping, though, I dreamed that I did a TCC practice with others that was filled with energy. Perhaps today's practice was simply a continuation?

Tuesday, May 8, 2012:

During this morning's T'ai Chi Chih practice I joined Lucy in the front yard since I knew that soon I'd put her back in her barn for the entire day. While moving I heard--but did not see--a hummingbird. How exciting! The first little lovely of the season.

A bit later I heard footsteps in the woods. When I looked further into the distance, I spotted a fast-moving, four-footed animal in front of me and then, just as quickly, it was gone. Perhaps it was a wolf tracking a deer. I'll never know for certain. All I do know is that the quiet calm of my practice time allowed me to see and hear two elusive creatures that were a blessing in my day....

No comments: