Saturday, May 12, 2012

Slowly, Quietly, Softly

I feel as if I'm frozen in a beautiful spring time-warp. It's been so lovely these past few days that even the rain, though predicted, chose to sprinkle for a minute only, then abated.

In the middle of this day--and its quiet loveliness--I practiced T'ai Chi Chih. I sat down for the entire form as my knee ached and was not eager to support weight. The busyness of the past few days and this morning quickly faded into a distant memory.

The practice was wonderful: quiet, sunny, warm. I soaked the heat into my winter worn body and was glad for it. I admit that it's hard to get back up to speed after this welcome TCC practice slow-down. And, honestly, I don't need to push my body and mind faster than they wish to go. And so, I'll take the rest of the day as it comes ... slowly, quietly, softly.

No comments: