Friday, May 4, 2012

To Wander ... Under Trees

Thursday, May 3, 2012:

How happy I am to be able to wander among bushes and herbs, under trees and over rocks; no man can love the country as I love it. Woods, trees and rocks send back the echo that man desires.
   -- Beethoven
I say "Ditto," Ludvig. No man OR woman can love the country as I love it. And spring is an easy time of the year to love with all of the daily surprises, births, buds, and blossoms that await me.

I practiced T'ai Chi Chih in the yard in midafternoon. The forest was aflutter with a multitude of winged creatures who sang wildly all around me. It seemed the perfect accompaniment (and background music) to my practice.

Yes, I am blessed to be able to wander (and practice T'ai Chi Chih) "among bushes and herbs and under trees."

Friday, May 4, 2012:

After yesterday's TCC practice Frances and I spent several hours cutting, hauling, splitting, and stacking firewood. I was in no mood to write a blog when I finally returned to the house shortly before dark (which may explain why I waited until today).

It's been cool and overcast all day long. The weather report (and my body) anticipate rain. Early in the day Frances and I took care of several long overdue projects which freed up more Chi to flow through the rest of my day.

I sat through my entire TCC practice this evening because my knees needed a break after yesterday's wood hauling extravaganza. Since temps have cooled considerably I sat inside and watched the greening, growing world through the bedroom window.

I can feel the forest growing deeper and darker as it closes around me. Summer draws nigh....

No comments: