Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Difference in a Day, a Mood, the Sky....

Today's T'ai Chi Chih practice was much easier than yesterday's. Why? That is the question....


It was overcast again (although the day began with sunshine) and the rain was soon to fall from the sky. Perhaps with the humidity in the air I could feel the energy more easily than I did yesterday (since, for whatever reason, that seems to be the case when it rains).

More significant, however, was my change in attitude. Just as the sky was a wee bit lighter, so was my mood. And that can make all the difference.

I practiced outside (temps were warmer, thankfully) with my four animal friends surrounding me. Lucy groomed, Rosie grazed, Namaste lay in a quiet guard dog position, and Chiripa wandered and stalked and observed.

It was a quietly wonderful practice and I am grateful, once again, for this daily dose of meditation.

No comments: