Thursday, October 6, 2011

Apple Fest Relaxation Quest

It's the day before Apple Fest begins and already the energy level in Bayfield is rising to an elevated Apple Fest high. The weather has been gorgeous all week and, if it remains warm and sunny, we're sure to draw a huge crowd of out-of-towners.

Since the typical energetic feel up here is low-key and quiet it's a bit trying to deal with all the cars, noise, and people. Many area residents have commented for several weeks now: I can't wait until Sunday is over. Yep, I'm one of them.

I did my T'ai Chi Chih practice outside before I drove into Bayfield to help set up for the Apple Fest library book sale. And, even though my day was relatively quiet and slow moving, I felt a huge relaxation factor kick in midway through practice.

How I ever managed to live my life with any measure of peace and tranquility before I began studying T'ai Chi Ch'uan and T'ai Chi Chih I will never know....

No comments: