Monday, October 10, 2011

Body Mechanics

My morning began magically: first, a bike ride in wonderful warm sunshine and then, a massage. My back had been sore for so long that it felt tremendous to experience knots loosening and pain abating.

I practiced T'ai Chi Chih after I arrived home from work. These days, though, the world lies in total darkness by work's end. Which meant that I practiced TCC indoors in front of a dark window with my reflection moving in concert with me.

I noticed that even my TCC practice improved from the massage. My posture was straighter, my foot less sore when I shifted weight, and my attitude more relaxed and accepting as I watched my reflection in motion.

Oh, it feels fantastic to flow into softness and relaxation at some point during each day (even--or should I say especially--on those days when I don't have the time and/or energy to practice TCC). I did a short mental rehearsal while I lay on the massage table this morning but during this evening's practice it felt so good to m~o~v~e.

No comments: