Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Relaxing the Body/Mind

Whew, what a relief: the winds died down. Now it's merely grey and overcast. I'm glad I started my Vitamin D supplement several weeks ago. Hopefully I'll avoid the depression that unremitting grey skies tend to foster.

I did my T'ai Chi Chih practice in the house this morning as I looked through the window at increasingly bare, grey tree trunks. I'd already spent three hours on a copyediting project so, needless to say, it felt wonderful to move and stretch.

My, what a difference it makes to the psyche when heavy winds cease to blow. It was relatively simple to slow my body and mind. My brain longed for a break from three hours of intense concentration. The timing for enhanced relaxation was perfect and left me with an open, rested body and mind for my afternoon work at the library.

And ... I'm off!

No comments: