Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Takin' It Easy

Lucy made several nests in dry fallen leaves today and looked cozy as could be while she sat grazing and pecking through leaf fluff. Suddenly she stood, flapped her wings, and cleared a wide area of bare earth all around herself. Who needs a leaf blower when they have a goose flapper?

After my busy day at work I came home to a phone message. The jist of it was that the building where I'm scheduled to hold tomorrow night's T'ai Chi Chih class is under construction and may not be suitable to conduct a class.

I called the building owner back and talked with her about my space needs. She promised to clear a large enough space to accommodate a circle practice for eight people. With that, I trust that we will have what we need to get through a 45 minute TCC practice and 15 minute discussion.

After the phone conversation I stepped outside to practice TCC (it was 73 degrees when I drove home!). It felt delightfully delicious to slow my body and calm my spirit while I moved through T'ai Chi Chih practice. The goose nested nearby. The dog tried to sneak a nibble out of Lucy's corn pan and, by practice end, the dog, goose, and cat were all gathered around me.

I've done my duty for the day and right now I'm ready to relax. My moving meditation practice put me in the right frame of mind to take it easy 'til tomorrow....

No comments: